[iTunes] Re: Sharing iTunes Library between Windows & Mac

Ronald Claiborne Claiborne at Texas-Aggie.com
Sun Jan 15 09:18:30 PST 2006

Well,

	I suppose it depends how you share the files out on the windows box.
If you set it up as a CIFS or SMB share, it wouldn't matter to iTunes as
long as it has access to the share. However I'd expect performance between
songs might not be optimal. Only one way to find out...

	You can share play lists as far as I know only if you are running
iTunes on both machines. For example, I set up all of my play lists on my
main working machine and have iTunes sharing on. I can go downstairs and I
see all of the play lists on my Windows box.

	You might be able to copy play lists from one machine to another by
moving some of the XML files, but it probably wouldn't be pretty. I suspect
you would have to edit the file to reference the location of all of the
files. Mac and Windows use different ways to specify a directory, so it
could bet nasty.

RC