[iTunes] Which Format to encode Music Files?

David DelMonte ddelmonte at mac.com
Thu Jun 29 09:24:21 PDT 2006

Hi Kirk, thanks for the fast response. What is your opinion of Apple
Lossless?

David

On 29 Ιουν 2006, at 7:22 ΜΜ, Kirk McElhearn wrote:

On Jun 29, 2006, at 6:06 PM, David DelMonte wrote:

> I'm planning on digitizing my music collection. Is there a
> consensus on which format is best?
>
> What if some music is already in AAC or MP3 - should I take the
> trouble to re-convert them?

I wouldn't bother re-converting.

As for what format, that's a toss-up - if you're sure you'll only be
listening to the music on an iPod or with iTunes, then use AAC; it
sounds better at the same bit rate. If not, choose MP3, since it can
be used on more devices.

Kirk

                       Author of: iPod & iTunes Garage
                      http://www.mcelhearn.com/ipod.html