[iTunes] Podcasts sometime don't show in master Podcast Library

John Erdman jperdman at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 9 08:03:59 PDT 2006

Most of the times when I download a podcast directly from a source
(such as Slate.com) and the "add to the Library" it does not show up
under the "Podcast" Library listing.  (It does however show up in
smart playlists, such as the one I created for Slate.

When I download the same podcast from the iTunes store it is filed in
the master list as expected.

In an early edition of iTunes I learned that the metainfo had to be
correct for it to be filed there.....  and indeed I usually found for
the problem files that the genre was not set as Podcast.   Changing
it to Podcast semed to correct the problem.

But that was then and this is now.... and several versions of iTunes
later.......  I'm currently on iTunes 7.

Does anyone know how I can get all podcasts to show up in the Podcast
Library listing regardless of source?

Also these files only show up on my iPod under "Music" rather than
"Podcasts". Hopefully, if I can correct the iTunes problem that'll
take care of the iPod problem.

Thanks,
John