[iTunes] Sharing a Library and separate ipods

Allan Hise allan at hise.org
Wed Oct 11 13:34:11 PDT 2006

David DelMonte wrote:
> We have at home, a shared iTunes library.

> My wife and I  would like to be able to each be able to plug our
> ipods into our own computers and update when/what we want.

> Is there a way to do this?
> If so, how?

My wife and I share a library as well, but we only use one computer
for synicing iPods. iTunes will manage each iPod separately. It just
works.
I have tried to access an iTunes library on one computer from another
over a network, but never had much luck. The "guest" cannot write to
the library files, which makes iTunes unhappy.
It may be possible to do what you want, but to make it easy, just use
one computer for both iPods.