[iTunes] Sharing a Library and separate ipods

David DelMonte ddelmonte at mac.com
Mon Oct 9 04:08:28 PDT 2006

First. thanks for answering.

We are trying to avoid having separate libraries.

We are both mac users, using 10.4.8.

The library is on a G5 (on an internal drive) and that will at some
point be moved to a Mac Pro.

We both use powerbooks when we travel.My wife uses her powerbook as
her main ccmputer.

Our library is large so we cannot get it on her internal hard drive,

We want to be able to access music from the central drive and use our
respective ipods to listen to it.

The home network is a 10/1000 wired network. We are using iTunes 7.0.1.

As I use the G5 when at home, have no problem connecting my ipod to
it and downloading music for a trip.

But I want my wife to be able share the library (we can do that - no
problem).

The  problem is that she cannot use the shared library to populate
her ipod.

Is that clear?

David