[iTunes] disenchanted with podcasts

Becca Price becca_price at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 15 11:49:45 PDT 2006

I am not sure what I'm doing wrong, but the only podcast I can
get onto my iPod is Science Friday, which seems to behave the
way I expect it to: when there's an update, it's automatically
copied onto my iPod in the Podcast folder. The other three that
I have, including a subscription to Quirks and Quarks, have blue
dots in the first column, and I can't seem to get it onto my
iPod. It seems to download nicely into iTunes, but doesn't copy
over to the iPod no matter what I do. (yes, Terry, I've tried
making the podcasts into play lists and copying that over;
doesn't work.)

I'm not sure what the blue dot signifies, but it has to have
some meaning, because it's not there for Science Friday, and it
is there for all the other podcasts that I can't get onto my
iPod.

I don't think this can be a feature of my preferences settings,
because otherwise why would Science Friday work and Quirks and
Quarks not?

this is being very frustrating.

-becca