[iTunes] re-copying a podcast

Michael Prete michaelprete at cox.net
Sat Oct 14 11:37:14 PDT 2006

Becca Price wrote:

> --- Michael Prete <michaelprete at cox.net> wrote:
>
>> So the specific podcast in question still exists in your
>> iTunes? Does
>> that episode have a check in the box to the left of its title?
>
> It has a blue dot in front of the title, rather than a check
> mark.

The blue dot is in the first column, not what I'm referring to. The
second column, with the names of each file, has a check box in front of
each file name that can be checked or unchecked. Sometimes the
Preferences in iTunes (or iPod) is set to only download the "checked
items". Thus, if this file has an unchecked box directly in front of its
name, it might not download until it is checked.

> I've tried making a playlist, and putting thte podcast in a
> playlist, but it won't copy over. I've tried downloading a new
> copy of the podcast from audible (where I purchased it). It
> shows up in iTunes under Podcast, but I can't seem to get it
> over onto my iPod mini.
>
> I may just give this up as a bad deal. The podcast only cost me
> $3 from audible, but it was an interview I would have liked to
> listen to. Maybe I can play it through iTunes, and listen to it
> that way.

You definitely can listen to it through iTunes, unless the file is
corrupt. However, assuming the file *is* playable, I would suspect that
the problem lies in how your Preferences are set. There is a preference
that only allows checked playlists to download. If your newly created
playlist is not selected in Preferences (and you don't have "download
all playlists" selected), that may be the source of the problem.

--

Michael Prete