[iTunes] disenchanted with podcasts

Michael Prete michaelprete at cox.net
Sun Oct 15 14:06:39 PDT 2006

Becca Price wrote:

> --- Kirk McElhearn <kirklists at wanadoo.fr> wrote:
>

>> The blue dot means there is a podcast you haven't listened to.
>>
>> When you connect your iPod, click the Podcasts tab and make
>> sure you
>> have it set to copy all podcasts...
>
> it's set that way, yes.
>
> I'm wondering whether this is a quirk in my iPod and there's
> something wrong with it. I've updated the firmware and even did
> a full restore. I can't think why else I have so many podcasts
> in iTunes that don't copy over to the iPod.

The following instructions assume you have latest version of iTunes,
v7.0.1.

Connect your iPod to computer. When iPod appears in left column, select it.

A window will appear with tabs across the top. Select "Music" tab,  and
then check "All songs and Playlists".
(if you want them all and have room for them all). Or, alternatively you
can  select "Selected Playlists", but then you *must* checkmark each
playlist you want to download.

Now select the next tab "Podcasts". Select "Sync" *All* podcasts.

Now select Preferences under iTunes. Select "iPod". Make the following
selections:
"Check for new episodes" -- *everyday*
"When new episodes are available" -- *Download the most recent one*
"Keep" -- *all episodes*

Close preferences window

Unmount iPod (press "Eject" button) and then disconnect from computer.

Wait until iPod resets itself (Apple logo replaced by standard menu)

Reconnect iPod. It should now download all playlists (in case you have
podcasts there) and all podcasts.

Let us know what happens (write it down).

--

Michael Prete