[iTunes] Querying Gracenote CDDB

Becca Price becca_price at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 21 08:26:21 PST 2007

--- Jamie Kahn Genet <jamiekg at wizardling.geek.nz> wrote:

> It shouldn't take more than a few seconds for a result to be
> returned,
> even if the result is nothing. Are you seeing the 'querying
> gracenote'
> message for longer than this? Do you have any other connection
> issues?
> What type of internet connection do you have, Becca?

we have a satellite connection - slower than cable, but faster
than dial up. And I see the "querying gracenote" message with
the "working" bar for upwards to 10 minutes before I give up.
I've never seen it come back with anything other than the
querying message.

for whatever it's worth, I'm on a Windows XP box with the most
current version of iTunes. I've never successfully queried
gracenotes, however. Maybe it's because I have some off-the-wall
music like Mediaevel Baebes and E Nomine?

-becca