[iTunes] Querying Gracenote CDDB

Jeff Carruthers jeff at carruthers.com
Fri Dec 21 08:46:35 PST 2007

On Dec 21, 2007, at 11:26 AM, Becca Price wrote:

> we have a satellite connection - slower than cable, but faster
> than dial up. And I see the "querying gracenote" message with
> the "working" bar for upwards to 10 minutes before I give up.
> I've never seen it come back with anything other than the
> querying message.
>
> for whatever it's worth, I'm on a Windows XP box with the most
> current version of iTunes. I've never successfully queried
> gracenotes, however. Maybe it's because I have some off-the-wall
> music like Mediaevel Baebes and E Nomine?
>
> -becca

Becca: I'm on a satellite internet system (Xplornet in Canada) and I
don't have any problems accessing CDDB.

And I don't think the kind of music you have would be a problem --
I'm pretty sure they would be on the Gracenote system.

Have you tried talking to the satellite internet technical support
and see if they have any suggestions?

Also, are there are things that don't seem to connect properly.

Jeff
Carruthers Communications                  Tel: 613-278-0390
678 2nd Concession N Sherbrooke     Cell: 613-720-2350
R.R. 1, McDonalds Corners, ON  K0G 1M0   Fax: 613-278-2929
www.carruthers.com                          e-mail: jeff at carruthers.com

"There's no such thing as a dumb question." (Anon)