[iTunes] Querying Gracenote CDDB

Becca Price becca_price at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 21 09:24:46 PST 2007

--- Jeff Carruthers <jeff at carruthers.com> wrote:

> Becca: our satellite provider does the same thing -- they call
> it
> their fair use policy, but what it means to me is that they
> have too
> many subscribers and they can't keep up with the demand during
> busy
> times. Ironically, they're giving their subscribers a strong
> reason
> to go somewhere else, once an alternative is available. Not a
> good
> business model, in my view.

we live way out in the country, so we really have no
alternative. *sigh* I have dreams of winning the lottery and
getting a T-1 line in...

I'll try your idea of downloading the podcasts at night, but
isn't it a matter of how much the download slug is as opposed to
when you do it?

My dh downloads my audible books onto a memory stick at his
office, and then we transfer them over to my computer - it's the
only way I can get them without tying us up to dial up speeds
for days afterwards.

-becca