[iTunes] FrankenMac Strikes again!!

Michael Prete michaelprete at cox.net
Wed May 9 16:53:03 PDT 2007

Dan A Currie wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> My daughters Beige G3/500, 768 MB RAM, OS 10.2.8 is making her and my
> life crazy again.
>
> I bought her a first generation iShuffle and loaded the software,
> updated iTunes and followed the instruction. She loaded about forty
> songs into iTunes from different CD’s and uploaded to the iShuffle with
> no problem.
>
> A couple of days ago she uploaded about 15 more songs to the iTunes
> library and then hooked up the iShuffle, it did not readily show up on
> the desktop and when it did the last letter in it’s name was some
> unknown letter / character that looked like a trapezoid.
>
> I clicked Autofill and it said updating complete but none of the new
> songs were added. I added 5 songs to the library myself with the same
> result.
>
> Reasonable suggestions welcome,

As opposed to what? Strange limitation to put on a request for help. In
any case...

You might try this valuable resource provided by Apple, it has
troubleshooting info:

http://www.apple.com/support/ipodshuffle/

One of the methods suggested is to reset the shuffle. Have you tried
that? Its a good place to start.

Good luck, and let me suggest that "reasonable" is vastly over rated.

--

Michael Prete