[iTunes] Jailbreak an iPhone with 1.1.1

Mark O'Brien rmobrien at mac.com
Tue Nov 13 12:37:58 PST 2007

I use Apollo, an AIM/iChat client app for the iPhone. It addresses perhaps
the most glaring missing functionality of the iPhone. I assume Apple left
out an iChat client to placate AT&T, who makes money off SMS text messages.

Apollo has a very iChat-like interface and I've been using it without
incident for the past week or so.

I haven't upgraded from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 yet, since it just came out. I
haven't heard if the iPhone requires a restore prior to upgrading, but I
suspect AppSnapp will need to update its jailbreak routine to work under
1.1.2.

I'm not familiar with the SSH app you mention, but I suspect it's a client
app to allow you Terminal type access to another machine.

Mark