[iTunes] how do I get fresh CD names, and mp3 names to stick?

Michael Prete michaelprete at cox.net
Sat Nov 17 15:47:21 PST 2007

On Nov 17, 2007, at 11:42 AM, Daniel Carter wrote:

> thank you, Michael, for your guidance.
>
> I'm using iTunes 7.4.2

You still haven't told me if you are using Windows or Macintosh, or
what operating system. I have a G5 iMac with OS 10.4.11 and the
latest version of iTunes for my set up is version 7.5

Unless you have a specific reason not to, I would update to the
latest version of iTunes and your OS (unless you are considering
Vista, don't go there if you can avoid it).

> source: mp3s from radio broadcasts, e.g., WBAI archives: http://
> archive.wbai.org/

Do these files come with names for each track? Information on artist
or album? Or do you have to add that yourself?

> the problem might have cleared itself up, thanks to your remarks,
> which stimulated me to burn a CD that I own this might have done
> the trick. the name(s) came out okay. then I burned some radio
> archival mp3s onto a CD, and the names came out okay for that too,
> so hopefully I'm out of the woods

I'm not sure I understand why simply burning a CD "fixed" the
problem. I thought you were already burning CDs and unhappy with the
result. So what have you done differently? Or perhaps I just didn't
understand what you were doing previously (as I said, it wasn't very
clear).

I'm glad you are "out of the woods", whatever the reason.
Michael Prete

More will be revealed.