[iTunes] how do I get fresh CD names, and mp3 names to stick?

Daniel Carter writeinlight at gmail.com
Sat Nov 17 10:42:52 PST 2007

At 11:46 PM -0700 11/16/07, Michael Prete wrote:

>I'm sorry, but I don't. I don't know what sort of computer you are
>using, or what operating system. I don't know what version of iTunes
>you are using. I don't know what steps you take to "naming CDs that
>I want to burn". I don't know what sort of source material you are
>burning to a CD, and where it came from and what format it is in.
>I'm guessing you are trying to make audio CDs, but you don't even
>say that specifically.
>
>What have you got. What exactly do you do. What exactly do you get?
>What are you hoping to get?
>
>Did the music files come from ripped CDs? From files purchased
>through the itunes store?
>
>When I burn an audio CD from a play list made up of MP3 files that I
>got from ripping commercial CDs that I own, the iTunes application
>goes online and finds the names of the tracks, artists, album and
>inserts that info for me. That info is also transmitted to the CDs
>that I used to burn. I never needed to "name a CD".
>
>Better questions get better answers.
>
>------------
>Michael Prete
>
>More will be revealed.

thank you, Michael, for your guidance.

I'm using iTunes 7.4.2

source: mp3s from radio broadcasts, e.g., WBAI archives:
http://archive.wbai.org/

the problem might have cleared itself up, thanks to your remarks,
which stimulated me to burn a CD that I own this might have done the
trick. the name(s) came out okay. then I burned some radio archival
mp3s onto a CD, and the names came out okay for that too, so
hopefully I'm out of the woods

many thanks!
Daniel