[iTunes] Corruption of iTunes Library? Vs. problem with iPod itself?

Ken Stevens kestevens at mac.com
Wed Feb 6 18:07:32 PST 2008

Whoever told you your Library database was corrupted was probably
correct.
The exclamation point indicates an entry in the database cannot be
matched with
a music file.  I suggest you rebuild the library and playlists.  This
would also cause
the sync problems as the music with the exclamation point would not be
synced.

Good luck.