[iTunes] Corruption of iTunes Library? Vs. problem with iPod itself?

Ken Stevens kestevens at mac.com
Thu Feb 7 07:58:44 PST 2008

Are you using a Mac or a Windows machine?  Try this, on a Mac hold
down the
"option" key (Windows key on a PC) and launch iTunes.  You should get
a dialogue
box  saying "Choose iTunes Library" Choose "Create Library" This will
give you the
ability to name a new library and indicate where it will be stored.
Give it a unique name,
like Mike's library,.  I recommend you store it in your Music Folder.
Now you will have a blank
library.  If all your music files are in your Music Folder then simply
choose "Add to Library"
under the "File" Menu and navigate to your Music Folder.  If you have
music files stored in
various folders choose "Consolidate Library" under the "Advanced" menu.
This will copy all your music into one Music Folder.  You will have
dupes still in their original
folders that you can go back and delete.  Now you can make new
playlists.