[iTunes] Was iPod woes, now it's iTunes woes

Michael Prete michaelprete at cox.net
Fri Feb 8 08:21:15 PST 2008

On Feb 8, 2008, at 5:15 AM, Carol F. Bruml wrote:

> When I updated iTunes to 7.6, my iTunes Library seems to have
> partially
> disassociated itself from the correlating iTunes Music folder. About
> 2/3 of
> my tunes in the Library have exclamation points next to them, which
> means
> that the Library cannot find the actual Tune...When you've got 40
> gigs of
> music, that's a LOT of problems.
>
> Is there any easy way to get the Library to reassociate itself with
> the
> Music folder?
>
> If not, is there any easy way to reassociate whole albums at a time,
> rather
> than single songs at a time?
>
> I did NOT move the Music folder, but it's Not on my main hard drive,
> and the
> upgrade of the version seems to have knocked its location out of
> iTunes'
> brain. I have reset that in Preferences, but still need to get the
> music
> problem fixed. Ideally without spending several hundred hours doing
> it.

My iTunes app seemed to constantly nag me to back up my "valuable
iTunes library folder". If you didn't ignore that sage advice, you can
simply reconstruct your library from that folder.

If you have no back up, you might try Doug's iTunes Applescripts. He
may have a script that would help you with your task.

Michael Prete

More will be revealed.