[iTunes] Was iPod woes, now it's iTunes woes

Carol F. Bruml cfb2 at alumni.cwru.edu
Fri Feb 8 04:15:15 PST 2008

When I updated iTunes to 7.6, my iTunes Library seems to have partially
disassociated itself from the correlating iTunes Music folder. About 2/3 of
my tunes in the Library have exclamation points next to them, which means
that the Library cannot find the actual Tune...When you've got 40 gigs of
music, that's a LOT of problems.

Is there any easy way to get the Library to reassociate itself with the
Music folder?

If not, is there any easy way to reassociate whole albums at a time, rather
than single songs at a time?

I did NOT move the Music folder, but it's Not on my main hard drive, and the
upgrade of the version seems to have knocked its location out of iTunes'
brain. I have reset that in Preferences, but still need to get the music
problem fixed. Ideally without spending several hundred hours doing it.

Carol