[iTunes] Smart Playlist to pull different music from a playlist

Wilson Ng wilsonng_gum at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 27 02:24:12 PST 2008

Yes, when the song finishes on your iPod, it will update the "Last Played"
tag on that song and the play count.

When you sync to your computer, it will update the iTunes library. Then the
smart playlist will kick in and it will remove songs from the playlist and
update it with a fresh batch of songs. So if you played 17 songs, it will
remove those 17 songs and add 17 new songs.

You can also use your iPod to change the ratings of any of your songs. When
you sync back to iTunes, it will update the ratings as well.....

Gotta love those smart playlists.  :-D

> That brings up another question: does iTunes know if I've played
> something on my Nano?
> In other words, does the Nano keep track of play count, and then pass
> it on to iTunes the next time it docks?
>

> On Feb 24, 2008, at 10:37 PM, Wilson Ng wrote:
>
>> On 2/23/08 8:55 AM, "itunes-request at listserver.themacintoshguy.com"
>> <itunes-request at listserver.themacintoshguy.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Subject: Re: [iTunes] Smart Playlist to pull different music from a
>>> playlist

>> I have something similar to this. I added the following line:
>>
>> Last played is not within the last 2 weeks
>>

>> Every time I sync my nano, it will update itself automatically by
>> removing
>> the songs that I just played within the last 2 weeks and then
>> adding new
>> songs that haven't been played in a while. This guarantees a fresh new
>> playlist.
>>
>> You can adjust the time length accordingly to something like not
>> played
>> within the last 30 days or whatever.

:-D   Wilson - Guam, U.S.A.

- - - P L E A S E   C U T   A L O N G   D O T T E D   L I N E - - -
You can bend my ear
We can talk all day
Just make sure I'm around
When you've finally got something to say.  -- TOAD THE WET SPROCKET