[iTunes] iTunes is being strange...

Becca becca_price at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 27 16:30:18 PST 2008

When I first boot up my computer and open iTunes and connect my
iPod Nano, everything is just fine. But if I disconnect the iPod
and reconnect it later without closing iTunes and rebooting the
computer, I get a message saying something to the effect that
the iPod is detected but cannot be connected, and to disconnect
it and reconnect it again. I tried doing that several times, and
it still won't connect my iPod... and ultimately it wound up
deleting *everything* on my iPod and telling me that my iPod was
corrupted. I had to do a restore... well, actually, I had to
restore 3 times before it 'took'.

This happens even when it isn't my iPod. I tried to recharge my
daughter's nano without rebooting the computer, and it froze her
iPod... fortunately it didn't wipe it. But it seems like I can
only connect one iPod one time per booting of my computer.

This is fairly new behavior, only in the last few days.

I'm using Windows XP. I've got the most recent version of
iTunes, and the software on both nanos is up to date.

any idea of what's going on and how to fix it?

thanks,

Becca

"In a text based environment,
 there's nothing *but* semantics"