[iTunes] iTunes is being strange...

Michael Prete michaelprete at cox.net
Wed Feb 27 19:21:05 PST 2008

On Feb 27, 2008, at 5:30 PM, Becca wrote:

> any idea of what's going on and how to fix it?

Becca, I have a Mac rather than a PC, so I can't be sure this is the
same. But on a Mac, before you disconnect the ipod, you MUST first
eject it (unmount it). On my computer there is an icon to the right of
my device name (Michael's iPod) that is a pyramid shaped object with a
horizontal line under it. This icon is also on a button on the bottom
right hand corner of my iTunes window. When I put my cursor over that
icon and wait a moment, a little box appears explaining what I'm point
to will do. When I point at this icon, it says "Eject". When I click
on either of these eject icons, my ipod disappears from its listing
within the iTunes window. Then I know I can disconnect it.

If you do not eject the ipod before disconnecting it, you can
potentially corrupt the data. Perhaps its the same on the Windows
version?
Michael Prete

More will be revealed.