[iTunes] A podcast question... sort of

joAnn ortiz ask_alice at mac.com
Sun Jan 6 17:30:05 PST 2008

Hi all,

OK, this isn't a huge deal but I am a big iTunes organization freak
so I am hoping there is a  solution.

I subscribe to a podcast. First one in my life actually... A radio
show for which they let you download the 1st hour.  So I happened to
find the 2nd hour of one of the shows on some random website and I
downloaded it. It came into my files as "music" in an MP3 format. I
relabeled it Podcast but that didn't do much of anything really. Is
there anything I can do to get it to show up in my podcast list
without having to make a playlist of my podcasts? Even a little more
ambitious, is there an easy way to merge the two so that I have a 2
hour show AND still have it stay listed within my podcasts. I know I
can combine in QuickTime - and I haven't bothered experimenting with
options yet. Figured it would be easier to throw the question out to
the group.

MacBook Pro
OS 10.4.11
iTunes 7.5 (19)

Again, not a big deal in the grand scheme of things since I did make
a play list - I just want to know what my options/limitations are.

Thanks in advance.

I hope everyone's new year is going along swimmingly!

joAnn

MacWorld Attendees: Come say hello to us in the Acclivity-MYOB booth.
Jan 15 - 18 2008