[iTunes] itunes seems to be broken

Ken Stevens kestevens at mac.com
Tue Jan 29 14:48:27 PST 2008

Does "play count" show up in the list of columns above the songs?  If
it doesn't you need to
look under View and select "View Options"  there you can select play
count.  Some podcasts
don't seem to register play count for some reason.  Probably the way
they were created.
Try a piece of music and see if play count works.

On you audio book, it maybe that the book is being stored under music
rather than "audio books"
Look in your music list.  If it is there you can play it.  If you are
bothered by not having the book
listed under audio books I will tell you how I do this on a Mac and
maybe it will work on a PC.

Ken