[iTunes] iTunes: podcasts problem

Ken Stevens kestevens at mac.com
Sun Jul 6 10:59:42 PDT 2008

Hi Becca:

The podcasts with exclamation points are probably podcasts that have
been downloaded
but iTunes doesn't know where to look.  Here are two different
solutions:

1. Under the advanced tab in your menu bar there is a "Consolidate
Library" item.
If you choose this option iTunes will search your hard drive and copy
all iTunes compatible
files to your Music Folder.  Now you should go back and delete these
items from other
folders where they exist or you will have duplicates, one in the music
folder and one where-
ever iTunes found it.

2.  If you don't have too many, simply click on the exclamation point
and iTunes will ask you
if you want to find the file.  Click "yes" and navigate to the proper
file.  When you find it, select
it and click "open" and it will be added to your library.

Ken