[iTunes] iTunes: podcasts problem

Becca becca_price at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 6 11:22:08 PDT 2008

--- On Sun, 7/6/08, Ken Stevens <kestevens at mac.com> wrote:

> Hi Becca:

> 1. Under the advanced tab in your menu bar there is a
> "Consolidate
> Library" item.
> If you choose this option iTunes will search your hard
> drive and copy
> all iTunes compatible
> files to your Music Folder.  Now you should go back and
> delete these
> items from other
> folders where they exist or you will have duplicates, one
> in the music
> folder and one where-
> ever iTunes found it.

I spent such a long time organizing my music and audiobooks on my hard drive - will this copy every thing to someplace else? we have my hd partitioned, with one of them being the data drive; on that drive/partition, I have a folder titled Books and Music - books are in one sub-folder and music in another. Will this consolidation move everything over to the applications drive/partition where iTunes resides? what if I don't want them there?

> 2.  If you don't have too many, simply click on the
> exclamation point
> and iTunes will ask you
> if you want to find the file.  Click "yes" and
> navigate to the proper
> file.  When you find it, select
> it and click "open" and it will be added to your
> library.

how do I know where to find the podcasts?

-becca, feeling really stupid and overwhelmed at the chaos this problem has caused