[iTunes] iTunes: podcasts problem

Ken Stevens kestevens at mac.com
Sun Jul 6 12:14:11 PDT 2008

On Jul 6, 2008, at 12:22 PM, Becca wrote:

> I spent such a long time organizing my music and audiobooks on my
> hard drive - will this copy every thing to someplace else? we have
> my hd partitioned, with one of them being the data drive; on that
> drive/partition, I have a folder titled Books and Music - books are
> in one sub-folder and music in another. Will this consolidation move
> everything over to the applications drive/partition where iTunes
> resides? what if I don't want them there?

I don't know how this would work with a partitioned drive.  Your
podcasts may well still be on the
other partition.  You may have to use method #2.
> how do I know where to find the podcasts?

Do a search in XP on one of the names or do a search on all MP3
files.  This should list all your
music, books and podcasts.  Hopefully when you find one podcast, you
will find them all.

If you have checked "Copy Files to iTunes Music Folder when adding to
Library"
Preferences/Advanced, this method may automatically bring the podcasts
to your music folder
as you locate them.  If you want to leave the podcasts where they are,
uncheck "Copy files to...."

Good luck

Ken