[iTunes] My iPod won't sync!

John McClernan jmcclernan2 at comcast.net
Wed Jun 25 16:58:27 PDT 2008

Becca,
See if this video has anything helpful:
http://www.apple.com/support/ipod/tutorials/troubleshooting.html

Cheers,
John

On Jun 25, 2008, at 6:04 PM, Becca wrote:

I downloaded a song from iTunes for my daughter, and it downloaded
just fine. Then, when I attached her iPod to iTunes, it wouldn't
recognize it... or mine when I tried. I rebooted my computer, still
wouldn't recognize the iPods. Rebooted the iPods themselves, and it
would recognize them, but I'd have to reboot the iPods each time I
wanted to reattach them. Ran the diagnoistics from iTunes - it said
that iTunes wasn't connecting to the internet - even though I could
get the iTunes store to come up. Ran the various help pages, and
while it now recognizes our iPods, it won't sync my iPod to update
podcasts, photos, and contacts. I get an "unknown error" message, and
then it disconnects my iPod automatically.

I finally resorted to deleting iTunes from my computer, following all
their instructions, and am re-downloading iTunes (which, given that
we have a slot connection, is going to take over an hour and a
half)... and now I'm terrified ... will I have to re-create all my
playlists, re-import all my zillions of books an music cds?

does anyone have any idea of what might have happened to corrupt my
copy of iTunes so badly? or what to expect when iTunes finished
downloading?

Help!

-Becca