[iTunes] scheduling podcasts

Ken Stevens kestevens at mac.com
Fri May 9 07:13:43 PDT 2008

Hi Becca,

This works on the Mac so I assume it will work on the PC.  Set your
computer
clock to 3:00 am and download your podcasts after this is done set the
preferences to download daily.  Return your computer clock to the
correct
time.  It will now download every day at 3:00 am.

As far as leaving your computer on all night, experiment and see if
iTunes
will wake the computer from standby or sleep mode to download the
podcasts.  If it won't, turn off the monitor and switch several bulbs
in your
house to fluorescent bulbs to save electricity.  I used to have the same
fair use issue when Hughes Satellite was my ISP.  I set the Mac to
turn on
at a specified time during the night, download podcasts and turn
itself off.

Ken