[iTunes] iTunes behind the times

Kirk McElhearn kirkmc at mac.com
Wed May 21 01:43:05 PDT 2008

On May 21, 2008, at 10:41 AM, Louis wrote:

> iTunes not only provides poor filing/organization
> options, the few options that they do offer (e.g.
> playlists and folders) cannot be copied or backed up
> to an external memory device. At least that i know of!
> This is a major drawback.

Well, I won't comment on the first problem (because I think you just
don't understand the program) but you can back everything up - you can
back up your files, which remain in normal Finder folders, and you can
back up your playlists by exporting them. Oh, and iTunes even has its
own backup function; whaddya know...

Kirk
            Author of: Take Control of Users & Accounts in Leopard
                       http://www.mcelhearn.com/tco.html