[iTunes] an odd iTunes 8 quirk

Becca becca_price at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 1 04:50:05 PDT 2008

If a file is marked as an audiobook on the Options tab, you can't delete it.

I made a mistake in importing one cd of a book, and the only way I could find a "delete" option was to re-specify the cd as music rather than audiobook, find the file in the Music library and delete it.

Not only is "delete" not an option on the right-click menu, but you can't highlight the file and press the delete key - it just doesn't work.

clearly it's an oversight on the part of the person who was programming that feature, and it's only a minor annoyance, but still... it mars an otherwise nice feature.

-becca