[iTunes] an odd iTunes 8 quirk

Dale Shera dshera at mac.com
Wed Oct 1 17:55:58 PDT 2008

On Oct 1, 2008, at 6:50 AM, Becca wrote:

> If a file is marked as an audiobook on the Options tab, you can't
> delete it.
>
> I made a mistake in importing one cd of a book, and the only way I
> could find a "delete" option was to re-specify the cd as music
> rather than audiobook, find the file in the Music library and delete
> it.
>
> Not only is "delete" not an option on the right-click menu, but you
> can't highlight the file and press the delete key - it just doesn't
> work.

Are you trying to delete that file while it's in a smart playlist?
That won't work. It's, also, the only way that I can figure that you
are seeing that kind of behavior. I can delete at will in the
Audiobooks playlist, my music library and any user-defined playlist
that I have. Just right click, select "Delete", and click "Remove".
Boom...gone!

Dale