[iTunes] upgrading to iTunes 9.02

Becca becca_price at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 12 16:48:13 PST 2009

I'm currently on iTunes 8.0, and am happy with it. iTunes is bugging me to upgrade to 9.02, and I'm a bit leery  - when I upgraded to 8, I had all sorts of problems.

is it safe now to upgrade to 9.02? Will I lose my library again?

I use my iPod for books, so I don't need the Genius feature. I like the grid format I've currently got - will I lose that? I've only got a Nano (which I'm perfectly happy with), so don't need all the aps stuff.

but I do want to download the new Christmas music they're offering, and I can't do that unless I upgrade to 9.02 - but I don't want it badly enough to risk having to rebuild my library again!

-becca