[iTunes] iTunes not recognizing an iPod (Becca)

Carol F. Bruml cfb2 at alumni.cwru.edu
Fri Dec 25 12:58:29 PST 2009

I have periodically had that problem with connecting an older iPod to my Mac
- the iPod screen goes through the sync process, the iPod shows up briefly
on the desktop, and then the iPod disappears from the desktop and its screen
changes to "ok to disconnect."

Have you tried plugging the (charged) iPod into the computer and then
rebooting the computer? That has sometimes worked for me. (Occasionally, I
can get away with just being sure iTunes is NOT open when I plug in the
iPod, and the plugging-in process will then cause iTunes to open and the
iPod to show up.)
Carol