[iTunes] I hate iTunes 8

Becca becca_price at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 8 15:07:54 PST 2009

> I don't know how you have most of your podcast settings.
>  Most of mine are set to "Download the most recent
> one".

that's what I had, but I was due for a download last night anyway... and for some reason iTunes decided to download some old episodes of WNYC's Radio Lab, a podcast I love but boy, are the files large! I'm not sure why it does that occasionally, and it's only with Radio Lab, so it may be something on their end. dunno.

> Make sure you leave iTunes running when you go to bed.
> iTunes will not start itself to download podcasts.  Does
> your computer go into standby mode after a time of
> inactivity?
> I don't know if iTunes can bring the PC out of standby
> mode.

ah, that might be part of the problem. Yes, my computer does seem to go into standby mode occasionally when I leave it on all night. I'll check with my husband and see how to turn that off.

> How did the library situation resolve?

dunno yet - I've got to wait to download iTunes at 3 this morning (I'm in Michigan, and it's only 6:00 here) so we don't go on 'fair use' penalty and prevent my son from doing his internet research homework that he's got to do. (he's doing a report on how music affects the brain - should be interesting to see what he comes up with)

I'll let everyone know what happens tomorrow.

-becca