[iTunes] ARUGH about podcast downloads

Ken Stevens kestevens at mac.com
Sat Jan 17 20:16:55 PST 2009

Hi Becca:

You are right there should be a way of setting the download times
manually.  You can see what download time is set for by clicking the
"Settings"
button at the bottom left of the Podcast window.  I just did the trick
of resetting  the time and doing a refresh. I checked the scheduled
download time,
it changed to the time I wanted to download so I set the clock back to
the correct time.  If it doesn't change the download time the first
time click refresh
again.  If you don't want to use up your bandwidth allowance at while
clicking refresh at a sane hour, simply go to the list of podcasts
being downloaded
and cancel them in the list by clicking the two vertical bars at the
extreme right for each one.

I just sent an iTunes feedback suggesting they add the ability to
manually set download time for podcasts.  You might do the same, under
the iTunes menu
"Provide iTunes feedback"

Ken