[iTunes] ARUGH about podcast downloads

Michael Prete michaelprete at cox.net
Sun Jan 18 01:10:04 PST 2009

On Jan 17, 2009, at 9:26 PM, Becca wrote:

> I must admit, I mostly like Apple products, but this is the
> *stupidest* little thing! not everyone has unlimited 24-hour
> bandwidth.

Actually, *almost* everyone does. Of the ten million or so folks that
are online, I would venture that less than 1% have the unusual time/
bandwith restriction that you do. Its hardly fair to fault Apple for
failing to build in such an unusual feature that so few people would
need.

However, I'm thinking that perhaps Automator.app could be used to
initiate the download process at a specific time. I don't use it
myself, simply because I've never encountered a problem or need that
seemed to require Automator. But I have seen occasional "Tips &
Tricks" articles and demos of the application. Since you *do* have a
need, you might take it upon yourself to explore and educate yourself
on this free, built-in capability bundled with Tiger and Leopard. Look
in Wiki, Google some tutorials or explanations root around for the
info, and let us know what you discover.

Good Luck

Michael Prete

More will be revealed.