[iTunes] ARUGH about podcast downloads

Ken Stevens kestevens at mac.com
Sun Jan 18 18:03:12 PST 2009

This is just a guess but it may be worth trying.  In your iTunes
Preferences under the iTunes Store Tab check to see
if "Automatically check for available downloads" box is checked.  Its
a guess but maybe that's the issue with iTunes
trying to download each time it is started.

With all the problems you have been having it might be time to try a
different podcast aggregator.  I used one called
"Juice" before I switched to iTunes.  The make a version for Windows.

http://juicereceiver.sourceforge.net/

It seems to me it allowed me to set the time for downloading
manually.  I switched to iTunes because it made it so simple
to update and manage my iPod.  This may complicate updating your
iPod.  I think I had to drag the podcasts to my iPod
window in iTunes, I just can't remember.  I think I set up a playlist
in iTunes and had to drag the downloads to that playlist,

Ken