[iTunes] iTunes rejecting mp3's

David Delmonte ddelmonte at mac.com
Wed Jan 21 18:41:41 PST 2009

You are not quite up to date if you're running 10.5.5. Try running
Software Update, and rechecking your System (permissions). Can you
also elaborate: what do you mean nothing happens? When you select "Add
to Library", you get a dialog box. Can you see your files? Are they
greyed-out?

Also check the ownership and permissions on the new files. I believe
they must be "owned" by you, and you should have Read and Write
privileges.

David