[iTunes] ARUGH about podcast downloads

Becca becca_price at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 21 18:47:51 PST 2009

--- On Wed, 1/21/09, Mark Johnson <mkj at hughes.net> wrote:

> I live in a rural area and have 2 opitions dialup and
> Satellite. I am sure
> that more than 1% of the national population live in rural
> areas.l
> I am paying for premium service and that gives me 500 mb
> per 24 hour period.
> I hit this atleast 3 times a week.

I think there's an arrogance that people who live in cities have - don't realize that there's a lot of us who *don't* have access to cable or DSL. And I've heard that there are some providers (like Comcast) who arbitrarily and without warning cut off downloads they consider "too big" because obviously someone who is *honest* wouldn't be doing that big a download... makes it hard for people who work at home and have to fileshare.

We just don't do YouTube videos, or visit any of the bandwidth-heavy sites. But we got kicked into "fair use" when a favorite blog started having video ads on it's site - even though AdBlock stopped us from seeing the ads, they still were downloaded, and exceeded our daily allotment.

iTunes is now behaving itself for me, and only downloading my podcasts during the magic 3am-6am timeslot. But my husband still has to download my audible files for me at his work and bring them home to me on a memory stick.

-becca