[iTunes] Smart Playlist problem with iTunes 9.0.1 and iPod Touch

Greg McNeil gmcneil99 at mchsi.com
Mon Sep 28 06:27:17 PDT 2009

Hi,
I like to shuffle thru all of the songs on my iPod Touch before I hear
any of them again and to make that automatic I created a smart
playlist with two conditions.  The first named the playlist from which
the songs would come and the second specified that the date the songs
last played is before a certain date.  With this smart playlist every
time a song would play, the number of songs on the list would be
reduced by one song.  When all the songs on the list had played I
would reset the last played date to the current date and the smart
playlist would repopulate.

This no longer works and the number of songs on the smart playlist is
just like on any other playlist  (1 of 1000, 2 of 1000, etc) with the
total number of sings on the list staying the same.

I have read of updates to iTunes causing such problems and wonder if
anyone knows of a work around.

I have iTunes 9.0.1 on my MacBook running Snow Leopard and have
software version 3.1.1 on the iPod Touch.

Thanks,

Greg