[iTunes] Smart Playlist problem with iTunes 9.0.1 and iPod Touch

Dale Shera dshera at mac.com
Tue Sep 29 01:11:46 PDT 2009

On Sep 28, 2009, at 8:27 AM, Greg McNeil wrote:

> Hi,
> I like to shuffle thru all of the songs on my iPod Touch before I
> hear any of them again and to make that automatic I created a smart
> playlist with two conditions.  The first named the playlist from
> which the songs would come and the second specified that the date
> the songs last played is before a certain date.  With this smart
> playlist every time a song would play, the number of songs on the
> list would be reduced by one song.  When all the songs on the list
> had played I would reset the last played date to the current date
> and the smart playlist would repopulate.

Just to be clear. Are you creating this Smart Playlist after clicking
on your iPod Touch in the 'Devices' section of the iTunes window? Or,
are you creating it when you have the 'Music' section of your Library
selected and just synching that playlist to your iPod Touch? If you're
doing the latter, it's just a regular playlist to the iPod Touch and
that's your issue.

The rest of your criteria for this Smart Playlist look good. It tried
it, played a track, and watched the number of track in the playlist
diminish from 260 tracks to 259.

Dale