[iTunes] continuing iTunes troubles

Becca becca_price at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 26 15:34:55 PDT 2010

I reloaded iTunes - it still freezes upon opening.

I totally deleted every Apple ap using Add/Delete Programs from the Control Panel (I'm using Windows XP), redownloaded iTunes - it freezes upon opening.

I tried disconnecting from the internet, thinking maybe the problem was in the iTunes store somehow. iTunes still freezes upon opening.

I've disconnected all my anti-virus stuff. iTunes still freezes upon opening.

I'm afraid to call Apple Support - they'll just tell me to create a new user account, and if I do that, I'll lose all my Windows setup: my Office tool bar, all my Firefox bookmarks.

Does *anyone* have any suggestions for how I can get iTunes to work short of creating a whole new user account in Windows? I've backed up my .itl files, so I don't *think* I'll lose most of my library if I do have to recreate everything de novo, but I'd really rather not have to do that.

thanks - frustratedly yours,

Becca