[iTunes] Another comment on iTunes

Kirk McElhearn kirkmc at mac.com
Tue Jun 8 09:09:05 PDT 2010

On Jun 8, 2010, at 6:06 PM, Becca wrote:

> I had all sorts of problems with iTunes, wound up having to reinstall it several times, and spent many hours (literally) on the phone with an Apple support supervisor uninstalling secret files that iTunes installs that don't come off when you uninstall iTunes (right there, that's bloat)
>
> iTunes automatically assumes that you're going to want Safari and Bonjour and a whole bunch of stuff that I don't need with my nano - right there, that's more bloat. YOu should have the option to not install Bonjour and god only knows what else the iPhone (and now the iPad) need that a nano doesn't.

I'm pretty sure you do have such options when you install iTunes, or when you upgrade it. Isn't there some kind of customize button on the installer screen?

> I'm not having any problems with iTunes now. But what did it was I changed the background picture on my computer from a NASA shot of the surface of Mars (which was a really big picture) to one of the standard, smaller-sized pictures. So there's bloat on memory-usage issues, as well.

So you're saying that your Windows computer's desktop picture caused problems with iTunes? Seriously? And a desktop picture uses memory on Windows?

Kirk

Kirkville -- http://www.mcelhearn.com
Writings about more than just Macs