[iTunes] disappearing podcasts!

Ken Stevens kestevens at mac.com
Wed Jun 9 16:06:29 PDT 2010

Hi Becca,

It they are nowhere to be found on your hard drive, then they were erased.  If iTunes would have done this it would have eliminated the names in your library and you wouldn't get the exclamation  point.  I would tend to believe it is not iTunes fault.

I hate to say it but you may be loosing a hard drive, or your hard drives directory may have been corrupted.  Do you have a backup?  Do you have a program to diagnose your hard drive and its directory?

You can start a new library just to download those podcasts.  You can then drag the files into your old library.  I don't know if they will appear under podcasts but if they simply appear under "Music" you can drag them to your iPod.  This is a pain, especially with your "fair use policy."  Sorry.

Ken