[iTunes] disappearing podcasts!

Ken Stevens kestevens at mac.com
Wed Jun 9 17:12:06 PDT 2010

Try this - unsubscribe to your podcast and then resubscribe.  I don't know if that will work but it some how makes sense.

If that doesn't work, hold down the alt key when you launch iTunes.  You should get a box that will let you create a library or to select a library.  Create a new library naming it with a unique name.  You then can subscribe to your podcast in that library.  Having multiple libraries can be handy if you have multiple iPods to be synced from one computer.

Once you have downloaded the podcasts find the actual files on your hard drive.  Re-launch iTunes holding down the alt key and select your old library.  Under the "File" menu there is a selection "Add to LIbrary"  use this to go to where the new podcasts are stored and add them to your library.

No there is no limit if you have "save all unplayed podcast" selected.  Again I don't think iTunes did this to you.  If iTunes had erased the files it would have also erased the name from the library and you wouldn't see the exclamation point.