[iTunes] Flac -> Alac

rgolovniov at gmail.com rgolovniov at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 04:01:58 PDT 2010

On Tuesday, March 23, 2010, 11:52:13 AM, Kirk McElhearn wrote:

KM> I've never seen a big difference like that. Maybe it has
KM> something to do with the fact that the files are 24 bit?

Could be. It would mean, then, that Flac is more capable at
compressing 24 bit files than Alac. And with more companies offering
24 bit music downloads, it would be interesting to see how Apple
reacts to this fact: either by improving it's Alac algorithm or
perhaps by including Flac as one of the supported audio formats.

--
Best regards,
Robert