[iTunes] Strange behavior when inserting music CD

Greg McNeil gmcneil99 at mchsi.com
Sun Mar 28 16:01:06 PDT 2010

Hi,
I’ve been adding music to iTunes (9.0.3) on my unibody Macbook (10.6.2) and what happens when the CD is inserted is different than is use to be.  The CD spins and iTunes checks for track names on the internet.  The track names then briefly flash on the screen and then disappear.  The CD is never shown in the Sidebar and it doesn’t appear on the desktop.  If I eject the disc and reinsert it everything works normally except iTunes already knows the track names.

Any ideas.

Thanks,

Greg