[iTunes] Combining "orphan" songs (unknown album)

Michael Prete michaelprete at cox.net
Tue Sep 21 00:10:47 PDT 2010

In addition to a couple of complete albums by U2, I also have a group
of six songs under an album named "Unknown Album"  and another four
songs under a separate "Unknown Album" album. I would like to combine
all those songs into one "album". This same situation occurs for many
artists. I have 1, 2, 3 or 4 songs from an album (named or not) and
another album with one song, but they are all by the same artist. I
would like to combine those as well so that when I am selecting some
music to play on my iPod I don't end up selecting an album that only
plays a couple of songs and then stops. I know I could create a
playlist, but is there anyway to combine songs into one album ?

Michael Prete
2.0 GHz G5 iMac, 17"
1.5 GB RAM, OS 10.5.8
iPhone 4, iOS 4.0.2