[iTunes] saving a place

Terry Pogue tpogue at comcast.net
Sat Oct 29 11:39:54 PDT 2011

My neighbor just called me. He is a PC guy. He listens to library books and audible books on his iPod but each time he has tried a book purchased from the iTunes store it won't  save his place. He doesn't have trouble with the other books just the ones from Apple. Is there a setting somewhere to get the books to return to the proper place. If he stops listening to the book and listens to some music for awhile then returns to the book it starts at the beginning.
Thanks for any help.
terry